Thursday, February 23, 2017

Squaring Them Up~

When I made my very first quilt, I didn't have an idea how everyone else came up with perfectly squared blocks. I just did not know! Boy were those blocks difficult to put together without any wavy curviness and holes being created!

After much studying, and reading many tutorials.... I get it! Square them Up! So that is what I'm doing today!


All of those bits peeled off the edges? Well, those are future filling for kitty and doggy bedding of course! No waste going on here!

7 comments:

  1. Yep, that's the secret! Square those blocks up and they will go together nice and neat. Love these colors and I can't wait to see your pretty top all sewn up. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited! I was allotted a little extra time this weekend with my sewing machine and have them put together (albeit some chopped of points)... And applique completed on the top! Looking forward to getting the photos posted!

      Delete
  2. Those blocks look gorgeous! Love all the blues. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O So Excited! I've got them all put together and will be posting a photo of the completed top soon enough!

      Delete
  3. Squaring makes a huge difference. And for a quilt top ready to trim after quilting and before binding, I like to add about 3/8" from any points so that the binding does not clip them off. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the extra tips, I must look up how to square up the top! I've not gotten that far in my learning skills! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy the process of trimming my blocks down to size! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete