Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Scrap Basket Finds ~

I like to pick up the snippets of fabrics I find here and there, at yard sales, the vintage markets or thrift boutiques. Mostly they will go into a smaller scrap basket and I challenge myself to make things out of the basket.


 In keeping with making out of the scrap basket  ~ I found these already hand-sewn together with a couple of extra cut out. I only need to sew one end to finish the set and I will be making a little's quilt with it.

The fabrics look and feel vintage, they needed squared up, fashioned into some kind of arrangement and stitched together. The chosen sashing and border is a coordinating light turquoise used to increase the size.
If you have any special ideas to help me use up those tidbits in my scrap basket journey, let me know!
I will be sharing my finish soon!

2 comments:

  1. pin cushions are great for those little snippets, but then again, there is a limit to the number of those you can have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good little trinkets to take to the sewing group, or sewing bee. I saw the cutest little key fob made with scraps today!

      Delete