Thursday, July 15, 2021

Quilting Journal - Little Sam

 Farmer Sam – made for my nephew, Cody – around 1995 (made in Cottageville, WV)

I was a very new quilter, this isn’t really a quilt so much as a blanket. I hand stitched a blanket stitch around the little boy and the very wide border. Not knowing much about 'quilting', I used yarn to knot the quilt. Photo was taken in 2020. This quilt probably needs a label on it. I'm certain I was not signing any blankets or quilts back then.

                              























I've taken my cue to seriously document my quilts and my attempts to quilt from Pat Sloan. She is gathering her quilts for documentation and dispersing those she is willing to part with. As I've given many away already, I will not have updated photos or great photography. I was hoping to have a record of my own and this is a challenge I really think I can commit myself to. When or if I do find I have a new photo opportunity with each quilt, I'll share that too. 

If anyone knows this little boy's true pattern name, let know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment