Monday, February 6, 2017

Hand Stitching Away Time~

It has been over 20 years since I've embroidered anything of substance. I thought I may have decided I just didn't like it any more upon giving it a try again a couple of weeks ago.

Then an incentive came along, a wonderful embroidered project hosted by Pat Sloan and Aurifil at Aurifil Designer of the Month 2012 Reboot. Yes, it is a repeat of 2012. I gave the embroidery a try again and added some applique flair. This was a road trip stitchery for me and I loved the process as I could relax and take my time with it.

I chose different colors instead of following the thread recommendations in the pattern. I think my version of Roseann Kermes of Rosebud’s Cottage January Snow Bird turned out fabulous!

Here is a peak at the previous Original 2012 Quilt Setting from Aurifil.
 If you want to join along, catch all the fun at The 2012 Aurifil DOM!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. Embroidery is a nice way to enjoy a little relaxation and also be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I look forward to seeing your version of the quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking to keep it a bit more muted in color than the striking contrast of the original.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful snow bird block... I'm really going to enjoy watching you create these blocks each month!

    ReplyDelete