Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Crunch Time ~ 2018 Family Reunion Quilt

Last year I submitted a quilt into our Family Reunion Auction which was made with donated shirts (mostly flannel). It was some what of a hit. Of course my dad bought it - won it in the auction.

This year, to mix it up... I chose not to be the only "sewist" and requested some blocks made by other family members. I asked ALL year! And one month before the auction I received blocks from only two persons. Sigh _ _ _ _

So I quickly stitch up five rows of filler rows to mimic a cabin-style quilt with some of my grandmother's favorite colors with Hopes that I could incorporate the other blocks being mailed.

Here is what I've come up with so far. Two rows of filler rows, one row of 'family made' blocks with 2" square blocks as sashing, and another filler row.
I have one more row of 'family made' blocks and then two more of the filler rows. If I get any late comers, they may have to be part of the back..... 

Hoping another successful year and a good auction price to go back into the family funds!

Linking up with Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter's Wednesday Wait Loss
and Susan of Quilt Fabrication and her Midweek Makers
and Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Lets Be Social
and Works in Progress at Silly Mama Quilts

work in progress

5 comments:

  1. Maybe more people will participate next year! What a wonderful idea for the auction, and I hope you get it finished in plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting idea to raise funds. I like how you are working with what you have, and expect that it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! I'm sure it will raise a lot of money. So sorry that more people didn't participate, but maybe they will after seeing the result! Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your project...sorry more didn't jump in!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really fun idea! Too bad the others didn't think so

    ReplyDelete