Friday, March 13, 2020

A Scraps Along Challenge with a 9-Patch OMG March Goal Completed~


I've been slicing and dicing into the scrap bags....by doing so, I've giving myself some usable quality units to sew into quilts! Otherwise, these piles have just been sitting around and putting a block on my creativity. There were modern prints, feed sack remnants and tidbits of other vintage pieces in the lot. I'll be joining Sherri of A Quilting Life in her March Scraps Along Challenge to use Mini Charms - those 2.5" x 2.5" mini squares of fabrics. They can be cut from scraps, jelly rolls or even purchased in cute little packs! Check out Sherri's blog to find some great projects and books to use up some of your mini charms!









I store them all in a  basket and sort by color. The blue stack was more bulky so that is the color picked out!
The baskets are a great storage solution: I can quickly view which color needs to be worked with first to diminish the pile.

I started these 9-patch units which quickly turned into a commission quilt - and set them on point. All stitched together they look great!. I'm so pleased with these blocks and the finished results! Can you guess I'll be moving onto teal/turquoise colors next?








5 comments:

  1. This is a great way to use up mini charms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your quilt finished. Your idea of the basic was genius. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, I'll be making more with just scraps. It's been fun!

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete