Thursday, September 20, 2018

Blogger's Quilt Festival



When I think of festivals, I think of food and markets and kettles cooking over an open fire. Autumn is in the air and the one thing left that is needed is a wonderful quilt to spread on the ground or over top a bale of hay.













What a wonderfully appropriate time of year for Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side to host the annual Blogger's Quilt Festival! It is so encouraging that she invites all quilters regardless of your quilt styles, methods and whether you've quilted for only a short while! Thank you Amy! All of the quilts will be linked to one page where you can visit and admire, be inspired or even share one of your own!



The quilt I  chose to share for the festival is my version of Pat Sloan's Farmer's Market! I just adore this quilt! You can get her book Teach Me To Applique at AmazonBarnes and Noble or your favorite book store. Pat also had a wonderful quilt along you can find at her website.

Pat Sloan's Teach Me to Applique: Fusible Applique That's Soft and Simple


This is one of the first quilts I've tried to quilt my self and I have lots of practice to go! 
Don't forget to visit all the other quilts! 
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.

6 comments:

  1. What a great quilt and perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jan; this is a perfect quilt for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! I had to go back and add some of those yummy photos from the last market I visited at the NC / VA line!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute quilt! I love fall too - and farm markets!

    ReplyDelete