Monday, July 16, 2018

Thrift Store Junkie

I must confess, I'm one of those "I brake for yard sale" kind of people. But I also Have To visit a new thrift store when I come upon one!

I travel with my work and usually stay in that location for a month or more. I browse the neighborhoods while driving to and from work or just picking up supplies during the day.

I discovered a local "outlet" thrift store and it was SO Much Fun! Let me tell you! I walked in and there were all of these people lined up against the wall. I was much confused????

There were several rows of enormous tubs of stuff placed on castors. A store employee had made an announcement that all needed to clear out rows 6 & 7. So that was why everyone was lined up against a section of the store. They wheeled out more tubs to place in that row. Then all those people ran over when released and started rummaging.

Well, not knowing what to do, I just browsed the other aisles until I caught onto the whole idea.

During my looking spree, I did come up with some interesting finds.

I found a quilted bag that appears to be hand-made. The handles are ribbon so made for light weight items. No heavy books allowed in this one!

This Pittsburgh inspired bag: which is famously known as "Steel City" or the "City of Bridges" featured the museum and zoo, sky-scrapers of the city, bridges, and sight-seeing cruises, to name a few.


What do you see on the bag that you may recognize?

If anyone recognizes the pattern and designer of the bag, can you share that information with me? I may attempt to recreate this same bag in Christmas prints.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this bag. I was born in Chicago and I often wonder why I can never find any Chicago fabric that isn't about the sports teams (that I totally support and own their fabric except the White Sox).

    Love that thrift store's promotion. EVERYONE wants to be the first to a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was recently browsing some blogs and saw a Florida inspired fabric as well. I'm guessing they are location specific. The selling technique was fun as a buyer and I am certain it is easier for the retailer to just dump the donations and push them out the door without having to sort and price.

      Delete
  2. I always want to stop for yard sales and thrift shops!! I usually have someone in the car with me though who doesn't want to stop - haha!! You did well with that bag! I love the design... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could possibly say....." I will be back in 5 minutes" and treat yourself to a very quick look!

      Delete