Monday, October 1, 2018

Scrappy Pumpkin Pot Holders

Happy October Every One!

There are all those adorable signs and checklists of "must do's" for fall. In reality, there is a lot of work going on around the neighborhoods. Raking and burning leaves, cutting firewood and garden clean ups, just to name a bit!

But there is also the yummy fall decorations in all the shops! It gives me the itch to start making something for the season!

I visited a local thrift shop and got a good size basket of free quilting And other scraps with some bits of orange and yellow scraps, as well as a couple of quilt squares already pieced. This adorable little sailboat was one. Since I am in the spirit of Autumn, I chose to use this in the Autumn decor as well. I quilted it in brown and did the binding with some Fun Lime green bias tape to make a pot holder. 

Which led into using the rest of the orange and yellow scraps to make pumpkins! The first attempt was little off but the wonkiness of it suits me perfectly.

I used some super fun polka dots for the backing. Using up all the orange bits gave me 5 pot holders of different sizes! I think I'll be sharing ;) My mother-in-law was the recipient of these two. (She let me use her sewing machine, hehe).




I'll randomly be linking up my finishes with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts,Moving It Forward Monday at Em's ScrapBag, Modern Patch MondayPatch Work Times Design WallMop Monday with Tweety Loves Quilting, Monday Making,  Main Crush Monday's, Sew Cute Tuesdays, the Chameleon’s Colour PartyFiber Tuesday,  Freemotion by the River,   WIP Wednesday's,  Wednesday Wait Loss with Jennifer, Let's Bee SocialMidweek Makers.  Fabric Frenzy FridayFinish it Up FridaySunday StashCan I Get a Whoop Whoop and Finished or Not Friday.  Visit all my Quilty Friend's Blogs!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun thrift store find. And, you didn't just throw the fabric in your stash, good for you. Your projects are great. I like the wonky pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to find that in a thrift store! Then to use the blocks and scraps to make fall potholders...couldn't be more perfect. Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly in full fall swing - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic thrift find! And thanks for all the fall pics - lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this on my special Halloween linkup on this week's Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete