Tuesday, July 27, 2021

It's a Guy Thing! Blog Hop

           


  It's A Guy Thing- Who says hunting and fishing are for guys anyway? 

Carol of Just Let Me Quilt is hosting this fun blog hop. Check out all the participants after my share!

I am using all fall colors for the upcoming hunting season for one of our cabin quilts. We don't have a cabin YET, but I'm still collecting things for it. And we will have hunting guests in our home again this year! 



I love having themed items all around!

  I played around with the color strip on the side of the focal fabric and chose to make a bed-sized quilt. I've yet to quilt it and testing a ome in-the-hoop quilting designs. I've been practicing so that this will turn out with a little less flaws than I would normally make. 

All of those cute animals on the light background print will make the backing for the quilt. Perfect for the huntsmen in my tribe!







thanks for joining me! Now go check out everyone else!


                                                               

                                                  July 26 

Creatin' in the Sticks

Storied Quilts

Quilted Delights

Samelia's Mum

Vroomans Quilts

Karen's Korner

 

July 27

 

MooseStashQuilting

Inflorescence

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Websterquilt

Words & Stitches

Days Filled With Joy

 

July 28

 

Ms P Designs USA

Beaquilter

Lianne Makes Stuff

For The Love Of Geese

Domestic Felicity

 

July 29

 

Scrapdash

That Fabric Feeling

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilt Schmilt

The Colorful Fabriholic

Songbird Designs

 July 30

Just Let Me Quilt

Quilt Fabrication

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Patchouli Moon Studio

Food for Thought

18 comments:

  1. You ou definitely achieved a cabin vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the browns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cabin quilt! You are right - hunting and fishing aren't just for guys! I love fishing!! Thanks for sharing. Have fun with your embroidery machine. I'm doing and ITH block of the month called Sunshine Cove - just completed block 7 - six more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those deep browns. Nothing says cabin more than they do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great cabin quilt and it definitely has those "guy thing" colors...love it! That owl is so cool. Thank you for sharing and may your dreams of a cabin come true sooner rather than later! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lovely quilt can take pride of place in your cabin when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cabin quilt with a hunting theme. You will be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is lovely. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, more sawtooth star quilts, I can never get enough! My parents got a cabin last year and I want to make quilts for it, so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your collection for the cabin - you have a super start. Those fabrics are perfect for a cabin as well as for guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a perfect quilt for a hunting/fishing cabin. Well done. Happy collecting and I hope you get that cabin sooner rather than later. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt and fabrics. 'Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific design for your cabin targeted quilt. The choice of block is perfect for these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a handsome quilt! love the prints they go great with the block and the background color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilt! It's a great design and love the colors, perfect for a guy! xx

    ReplyDelete