Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Canning ~

I love jars, I collect them with no bias. I just love them, but I love what I put in them even more.

Today's Word in the word search. 
CANNING
With the garden's abundance of cucumbers this year, pickles were put in half gallon jars instead of the usual quart and pint size. They sure are delicious! I used random spices with extra garlic and hot peppers this year to make them a little more zingy. So Yummy!

Has anyone made one of those adorable Jar quilts full of food? I would love to see them!

Here is a beginner friendly pattern from The Spruce Crafts. This one looks like the one for me!

Linking up with:                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. canning is one of the things I always thought seemed exciting about America. I used to watch little house on the prarie, and read anne of green gables (I know, it is Canadian!), and I loved the whole talk of canning vegetables. Not much done in the UK, our winters are not so hard I think

    ReplyDelete