Monday, October 8, 2018

Harvest Moon



Jennifer Fulton of The Inquiring Quilter is hosting a special link up October 17th, and she is inviting all of us to celebrate Halloween quilts! I will be joining her and hoping you will too!

This particular quilt is an "older" pattern of Pat Sloan's called Harvest Moon. The pattern called for words on the quilt but I left those out. You can find the pattern in Folksy Favorites published by Leisure Arts. No compensation for telling you where to find the book ;)




This is one of the very first quilts I quilted a couple of years ago and I learned LOTS from my mistakes. I didn't tie ends, no good starting and stopping points... I just had no idea what I was doing. I still love it any way! What a charming little quilt for the season!

To keep in the spirit of Giving during the season, the following is a maple leaf block donated to my local Quilting Bees. It captures the essence of autumn in just one leaf! The block was made with left over panel appliques.


1 comment:

  1. Harvest Moon is cute. And you are right that you captured the essence of Autumn in that one leaf. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete