Monday, December 9, 2019

31 Day Blog Writing Challenge



So I have to be honest, I'm not very good at keeping up with a 31 day challenge. Weekends I try to stay free of commitments...so I find myself once again making an attempt to catch up.


What I do enjoy about this challenge is the freedom to go back and write about each of the prompts. The prompts are so helpful!

Day 6. I have a little quilt somewhere that took me nearly 24 years to complete. I purchased the fabrics from a lady down the road ( yard sale quality). I put the two together and added yarn to tie it together. Then started blanket stitching the binding.... well, I finally finished it to use in my car. I have no idea where it is now, I hope it is in my linen closet and will check once I go home for the holidays.

Day 7. A dream project for me would be to quilt two of the tops I have been saving for when I get my own quilting machine. I want custom quilting, although I wish not to pay a hefty price for quilting. I am looking forward to getting that machine some day ...(sigh)




 Day 8. Skills I wish I had.... hmmm... My wish is to be a lot better at hand work, this may be something I concentrate on for the new year...to learn some more intricate stitches.

Day 9. One of my favorite tips.... Try to appreciate each piece of work as a unique and special item. If you feel as if it is not quality.....take your glasses off, take several steps back and see how gorgeous your quilt is. Be your own BEST critique!

Be kind to yourself and have a blessed day!

1 comment: