Thursday, December 5, 2019

Day 5 of the annual 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

I've joined a 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge with Cheryl Sleboda. The challenge is to write something each day for the whole month.

To boost creativity and inspirational topics in blogging, Cheryl has cleverly provided some tips to write about each day of the challenge.

I honestly cannot say what my first project was. I'm believing it was a small quilt for my son. I still have it but have no photos to share. It was big block piecing with applique. I knew nothing about either. The appliques were cut straight to the edge and blanket stitch sewn. Over the past 26 years the applique edges have come unraveled, my hope is to restore this one some day.

I do have photos of another small child's quilt I made around the same time. Again, I surely had no direction with this. The applique was adhered with some type of Heat n Bond which made it very stiff and difficult to stitch through, but this was about 25 years ago, but it is a fun looking project if I ever want to try it again. I have better tools and a touch more experience since then.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment