Friday, November 9, 2018

The Sixth Edition of the "Art with Fabric" Blog Hop -My Favorite Color Is.....

Alida P. has some wonderfully clever themes for each of the Art With Fabric Blog Hops she hosts. The 2018 Fall Edition is no different. She has invited a team of bloggers to celebrate the love for one color, any favorite color of all time or just a color that we have been loving for the month. Autumn is definitely adorned with color, and one of my favorite for the month is orange.

As inspiration for my project I chose "White Flower on Orange" - it is a painting by Linda Woods and is sold as such or as a screen printing on other items like beach towels or pillows. Please check out her original at the link.

I love the textured look of thread painting and wanted a pillow cover with something similar. ( I am going with pillow covers from here on out - as I can keep the same pillow form and change out with the seasons).

I free-handed a flower onto notebook paper to get an idea of what my flower should look like. Then started sewing away! I used some at-hand upholstery fabrics - the color is called Cinnabar. What a lovely fall color! It reminds me of the rusty colored chrysanthemums.

I made a huge mistake by using notebook paper as my draft to sew over....Don't Do That! It does not peel off nicely! Take the time to search for your tear-away stabilizer or wait to go shopping!

This is my 2nd attempt at working with a zipper, I will keep practicing.. Wink.....

I was in high hopes of using beads as the stamens, purchased them then misplaced them so when I find them again, I will use  some Autumn-colored green beads for accents, then stuff a pillow into the form. Lovely with or with out the beads!


Enjoy the blog hop and be sure to look at all the other great Art projects going on!


The Fall 2018 Schedule:


Monday, November 5th, 2018

Tuesday, November 6th, 2018

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018

Thursday, November 8th, 2018

Friday, November 9th, 2018

8 comments:

  1. So awesome, just made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, that's a great interpretation of White Flower on Orange. Your pillow is really lovely and what a great idea to change out the pillow by season! Thanks for the advice of avoiding note paper to quilt on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillow and your creative interpretation! I agree about the notebook paper. I ordered a ream of newsprint from Dick Blick Art Stores for around $4. It's a nice light weight and works well for foundation piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need to give that paper a try if I decide to sketch more artsy projects! Thanks for sharing with me!

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I love the simplicity of the project. I recently did two "save the bees" blocks using thread only, rather than applique or hand embroidery and love the simple thread painting look. Thanks for sharing. MelvaLovesScraps at nolanqualitycustoms dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still practicing at it! I love the Save the Bees Blocks, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Oh that project is so cute!! I never stitched the design on top paper, and I think it's actually a great idea! I do foundation paper piecing all the time, so I stitched and ripped paper millions of time, but for some reason never thought it as a way to transfer thread sketching design on the front of a project. Thanks for the inspiration and for being part of the blog hop!!!

    ReplyDelete