Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Winter Blues Blog Hop

Welcome to the Winter Blues Blog Hop with Carla from Creatin in the Sticks! I do love a blue and white quilt! I’m stopping in early for all those morning dears that will catch the hop befor I wake up... wink.... Here are Some of the lovelies I've had the pleasure to play around with and create at my machine~

This pattern is created by Pat Sloan called Traffic Jam. You can join her in her challenge to use up scraps to bust out a quilt, pillow or table runner. You choose! The binding was completed just this week! I'm also liking up with Patty of  Elm Street Quilts at her One Monthly Goal challenge. Find the link up challenge at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal -January Finish Link-up.


This adorable little was made also using a block pattern by Pat Sloan from her Winter Fun! sew along. The blue flannel backing makes is so snuggly! Zooming in on those cute blocks! Such a great block to feature a favorite fabric!

Can you guess, I truly love the ease of Pat Sloan's designs. This is her Oh My Stars! pattern adapted to a larger block size. This was created for a retirement gift for a special person in my life and he and his wife are truly enjoying it in their Buffalo, New York home!

This Special Beauty is called Caravan Roundup and is a free pattern from Moda Fabrics. What a fun project to work on. I plan to have this one ready for my trip to Wyoming later this year!
If you are looking for a great sampler to work on, this is Winter Fun! by Pat Sloan. Show off you big block skill!
Thank you Carla for hosting such a beautiful blog hop! Visit the whole schedule, visit each blog, leave sweet comments and make new friends!

Monday, January 20th


Tuesday, January 21st


Wednesday, January 22nd


Thursday, January 23rd


Friday, January 24th

32 comments:

  1. Wonderful blue quilts - I especially like the cowboy boots, coming from Arizona, but each one of them is gorgeous. I know the traffic pattern is recent - I just saw it not long ago on Pat's blog! Thank you for sharing so much beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of beautiful blue quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your blue quilts and especially your blue "Traffic Jam". Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita! I am definitely one of those early birdies and this is a bit late for me. I appreciate your early post! Even if you hadn't, I would have returned. Yay to your Traffic Jam finish and even better, meeting your OMG project goal. I love two-fer projects, and this is a beauty. Thank you for sharing all of this eye candy today. There has been SO much inspiration on the hop. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for the mini quilt show, lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one very impressive collection of beautiful blue quilts. Thanks to Pat Sloan for giving you so many ideas to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful blue quilts, Anita, and every one of them are really sweet to look at. The boots are so fun! Thank you for sharing your blue quilts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blue quilts, love the boots one. Every time I see the picture of your beautiful house I smile! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many lovely blue quilts. I am always in awe of people who can make a quilt in a short time. I am a slow sewer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Anita, you blow me away. These quilts are all eye candy and each one so special. Thank you for all the inspiration and sharing. Thanks for joining the Winter Blues Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, I so have to agree with Carla, your quilts are just over the top awesome. The quilting on your Traffic Jam quilt is gorgeous too. Perfect design to show of those fabulous blues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blue quilts, every single one of them!! I love the blue and white contrast - so crisp and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quilts. Loved the cowboy boot quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your projects are so beautiful it's hard to pick a favorite, but I think the boot wins. That looks like such a fun quilt to make. You have definitely chased away the winter blues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quilts! I enjoy Pat's patterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow at all of the blue quilts. You really accomplished a lot. The backs are beautiful as well as the fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SEW many lovely blue quilts!! Thanks for sharing with the Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your blue quilts are lovely. I especially love the Plus quilt! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the blue quilts! So many great ideas for projects...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty blue quilts--I like the patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great parade of blue quilts! It's hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Traffic Jam is a perfect scrap buster! I hate how long my list is as I have seen a few I would like to just chomp through my fabric stash and this is high on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great collection of blue quilts! Thakns for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful collection of blue and white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did make some wonderful blue quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Again Patty! All your encouragement is greatly appreciated!

      Delete