Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Vintage Quilt Sighting ~ An Update



I've had a couple of questions concerning the super cool quilt I came across and wanted to share a bit more.
1. I surely did not buy the quilt, I enjoy browsing and looking at the wonderful designs in antique and vintage quilts. Although, I am not a collector. I truly want to use the quilts I have on hand and those that I make. I enjoy knowing that there are people who will provide a much better service than what I could by preserving such treasures.
2. I am thinking this particular quilt was for sale ~ at around $875 but I may be remembering incorrectly.
3. I usually don't document which exact shop I find these beauties in: this one was in Cowpens, SC on main street and some of the shops in that area are Eight Gates AntiquesLillies Accessories and Antiques and Sweet Pea on Main. Such a quaint town with a Great Barbecue place too!

If anyone knnow the name of this particular block I would love to know. Thanks for sharing in the adventure with me!

7 comments:

  1. Tell us about this quilt! Where did you find it, how big is it, how much was it? It's a beautiful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, I didn't measure but am most certain it fits a queen size at least. It was quite big for an older quilt. I did have some damage, and I am not a collector so I left it behind. I just appreciated the beauty of it. I did update the post to share a little more :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is really striking! I love all the teeny points on every block. Yes, what a treasure. Did you see it in an antique store? Wonder what the price would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deonn, I did find it in an antique shop and updated a bit. I find now that I will need to document a little about some of these great treasures I come across. There may be a collector out there looking for exactly the right quilt. Have a blessed day and thank you for visiting. (i updated the post to the best of my recollection about the quilt)

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt. Yes, I want to know all the details too, and most importantly, did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o gosh, No purchase involved this time. I am not a collector and only enjoy browsing and finding beauty in these treasures!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Thank you for the update! This is a beautiful work of art, but at $875 it's too dear and I would have sadly had to pass it up. But it sure is beautiful

    ReplyDelete